True Friendship: Women's Meditation Circle
Saturdays (monthly), 11:00pm - 1:00pm @ The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine
February 9 / March 3 / April 7 / May 5 / June 2 (2018)
You're committed to a spiritual path of self-discovery and awakening. You integrate the teachings of yoga and meditation into your everyday life. You're practicing, noticing, and experiencing the benefits of awareness. Now what? Now's the time to dive in deeper, nourish interconnectedness, and empower your unique self to shine.
Join together with a group of like-hearted women in sowing the seeds of true friendship! Co-create a safe, warm, and welcoming space in a series of monthly gatherings that gently and honestly explore the great challenges as well as the unlimited treasures of living an awakened life.
Each gathering begins with an instructive and heartfelt talk in which Shira delves into a selected critical teaching on the nature of presence, like tactics for working with the egoic self, how to unlock vulnerability in order to reveal self-acceptance, and seldom-discussed but common misconceptions about enlightenment (to name but a few past themes). While informative, each talk is delivered with unabashed sincerity and humor, incorporating timely pointers on seasonal changes from Chinese medicine, and personalized to draw on your own innate wisdom.
These talks are followed by open and inquisitive discussions designed to:
No discussion is complete without truly feeling into the teachings. Every gathering ends with a guided meditation in the style of iRest® Yoga Nidra (seated or lying down) for a chance to integrate and gather insights in support of your authentic self and what is currently unfolding in your life.
Physical exercise is NOT involved, and no prior experience necessary, though a general familiarity with the teachings of yoga and the practice of meditation is recommended.
A bonus value-added feature of this series is a private webpage where session notes are posted along with the recorded Yoga Nidra meditation, for when you miss a session or when you simply want to continue practicing at home!
Ready to register? Scroll down to the form!
Dates/Time: 5 sessions. First Saturday of every month (except for February), 11:00 - 1:00pm. 2018 Series meets on: February 10 / March 3 / April 7 / May 5 / June 2.
Please plan to arrive by 10:50pm, so that we may begin promptly at 11am. Registration is for a complete series of 5 sessions meeting on the above-listed dates. If you miss a session or two, you're encouraged to arrange for a brief phone conversation with Shira (at no additional cost) and/or use the private webpage to catch up on what was covered.
Props/Clothing: All props are provided including chairs, yoga mats, blankets, and eye covers. No special clothing necessary; you'll likely want to wear clothes that are comfortable for sitting/lying down. Please bring a journal/notepad and pen/pencil.
Cost: $200 total for a series of 5 sessions. Includes free access to private webpage with session notes and Yoga Nidra meditation recordings for the duration of the series. Register online below, wait for an email confirmation, then mail-in your check.
Space is limited to 6 ~ 8 participants. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable. Scroll down for detailed cancellation policy.
Location: The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine is located at 8555 16th Street, Suite 402, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Ample free parking on site; Metro accessible.
Register below and/or contact Shira with any question.
After practicing yoga nidra for awhile now, I am able to quickly slip into a very relaxed and meditative place. I always feel deeply supported and know that whatever comes up for me I will be able to embrace it and explore it with a sense of perfect safety. Shira is such a warm and contemplative presence; I trust her completely.
I enjoy the comfort, rest, and depth of Yoga Nidra. I feel open and supported in the sessions knowing I can show up as myself and meet Shira at that spot without expectation or judgement.
Ample Free Parking On Site
& Metro/Metrobus Accessible!
- If, for any reason, Shira elects to cancel a single session or the whole series prior to its commencement, you will receive a full refund of a session's prorated fee or the whole series, respectively. This situation is highly unlikely, but emergencies do happen.
- If you elect to withdraw from a series of sessions more than a firm 30 days prior to the first session in the series, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 administrative fee.
- If you elect to withdraw from a series of sessions less than a firm 30 days prior to the first session, the following policy will apply:
- If your space in the series is filled by another participant, you will receive a full refund, minus a $40 administrative fee. The refund will be made after the first session if your space in it is filled. If your space is not filled, you will be notified by email that no refund will be given.
- If there are exigent circumstances (i.e. sudden severe illness, death in the immediate family, etc.) you may apply for a refund by informing Shira of the circumstances. This information will be reviewed and a decision made on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified by email of the decision. If approved, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 administrative fee.
- If you are a “no-show” for a session or a whole series (meaning, you registered and paid but didn't show up and did not notify Shira), you will not receive a refund.