I loved the retreat! Such a perfect way to honor the season, connect with others, and find some much-needed nourishment and rest.
Using tools of mindfulness, Chinese medicine, and iRest® Yoga Nidra meditation, we spend the day nourishing stillness, quiet, and an inner meditative attitude that supports us to:
- Find ease with the cold and depth of winter,
- Care for the back, kidneys, bladder, & bones,
- Reverse the effects of fatigue and exhaustion,
- Dissolve fear, and
- Cultivate trust in self.
Most importantly, this is an opportunity to tend to and befriend yourself.
- Chinese medicine wisdom, including review of Kidney and Bladder meridians,
- Key acupoints for self-acupressure during and after the mini-retreat,
- iRest Yoga Nidra meditation,
- Explicit take-home tools and pointers for greater health throughout the season,
- Meaningful gifts that continue to support the insights from the mini-retreat,
- Catered lunch, and
- ONE follow up group call to keep reflecting on our evolution throughout the season!
No experience necessary. Everybody welcome. (Scroll all the way down to register).
* Unlike previously advertised, this mini-retreat will not include restorative or yin yoga but will be filled with other practices to support body, mind, and spirit.
Date/Time: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 10:00am - 2:30pm.
Location: 8555 16th St., Suite #402, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Ample, free parking in the lot that surrounds the building.
Props: Yoga mats, blankets, and eye covers are provided. Please wear comfortable clothes for sitting and lying down. Please bring a journal and pen for your reflections.
Lunch: Included in the cost of the mini-retreat is your Panera-catered lunch. Options are:
Please indicate your lunch selection on the registration form below (lunch selections are final). If you have special dietary needs that are not met by these meal options, please contact Shira for other possible options or bring your own lunch.
Cost: Total cost for the mini-retreat is $149. This includes the mini-retreat, lunch, and 1 follow up group call (call time to be determined). Please register below to secure your spot regardless of payment method. Space is limited to an intimate group of 8.
Payment Options: Pay online now (link below registration form) or mail in check. If mailing a check, please do so within 2 weeks of online registration and at least a week prior to mini-retreat to guarantee your space.
Please address check to Shira Oz-Sinai and mail to:
The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine
8555 16th Street, Suite #402
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Questions? Please contact Shira with any concern or question.
Please be sure you have clicked "submit" on the form above before making your purchase selection below:
Befriending Yourself: A Winter Mini-Retreat
Using tools of mindfulness, Chinese medicine, and iRest® Yoga Nidra meditation, we spend the day nourishing stillness, quiet, and an inner meditative attitude. Most importantly, this is an opportunity to tend to and befriend yourself. Mini-retreat fee includes lunch and 1 follow-up group call to continue exploring concepts from the retreat (call date to be determined).
Saturday, February 8, 2020, 10:00am - 2:30pm @ The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine, 8555 16th St., Suite #402, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
More details & registration @ www.ShiraOzSinai.com/winter-retreat-2020
- If, for any reason, Shira elects to cancel the mini-retreat (highly unlikely but emergencies do happen), you will receive a full refund of the retreat fee.
- If you elect to withdraw from the mini-retreat on or before February 1, 2020, you will receive a full refund, minus a $45 administrative fee if paid online or via credit card.
- If you elect to withdraw from the mini-retreat after February 1, 2020, the following policy will apply:
- If your space in the mini-retreat is filled by another participant, you will receive a full refund, minus a $45 administrative fee if paid online or via credit card. The refund will be made after the mini-retreat if your space in it is filled. If your space is not filled, you will be notified by email that no refund will be given.
- If there are exigent circumstances (i.e. sudden severe illness, death in the immediate family, etc.) you may apply for a refund, informing Shira of the circumstances. This info will be reviewed and a decision made on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified by email of the decision. If approved, you will receive a full refund less a $45 administrative fee if paid online or via credit card.
- If you are a “no-show” for the retreat (meaning you registered and paid but didn't show up and did not notify Shira), you will not receive a refund.