Spring Workshop: A Yoga Nidra Vision Quest
Saturday, April 13, 2019
1 - 3pm
@ The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine
As we awaken from winter's darkness and slumber (whether we actually rested during the season or not), we rub our eyes and blink repeatedly in awe and perhaps some annoyance at the brightness of the sun, the lengthening of daylight, and the slow but steady emergence of new life. Before we become accustomed to the way things look and before our gaze fixes on what's ahead, we have an auspicious opportunity to see our lives and the world around us with fresh eyes.
This is the gift of spring: a refreshed outlook on life that allows us to see, and later follow, a new direction, a new pathway, a new avenue in which to express who we truly are. It may be a revised career path, an abandoned yet still-desired hobby, a longed for change in zip code, life-partner, friends, diet, lifestyle, routine, or something more subtle like an attitude, way of thinking, or feeling about the world.
The nature that we are is a pulsating aliveness which has an infinite intelligence. This intelligence, a deep knowing that we all have access to, it knows exactly what we need in order to come into our fullest expression within the current circumstances of our lives. Regardless of what we think of as our present-day limitations, this intelligence that we are observes all the possibilities hidden from view.
In this workshop we gather together with an intention to see what aspect of ourselves is wishing to grow and blossom at the current season of our lives. We begin with sacred ceremony, which supports us to shift from habitual perceptions to the unbound insights of our true nature. We then embark on a meditative vision quest using the yoga nidra practice to access our wildest, realest, and truest vision for our lives. We conclude with gathering our insights and inquiring into the next step towards bringing this vision into fruition.
No previous experience necessary.
BONUS: All participants receive a downloadable MP3 recording of our Yoga Nidra Vision Quest for continued envisioning throughout the season and life!!!
Can't make this workshop?
Join Shira's email updates
to learn of other upcoming events!
Props/Clothing: All props are provided, including yoga mats, blankets, and eye covers. Some people like to bring their own. No special clothing necessary. It is recommended you wear clothes that are comfortable for sitting and lying down. Please bring a journal and pend for your notes.
Cost & Registration: $50. Space is limited, please register and pay below to secure your spot.
(See cancellation policy below).
Location: The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine is located at 8555 16th Street, Suite #402, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Questions? Contact Shira.
Spring Workshop: Yoga Nidra Vision Quest
In this workshop we gather together with an intention to see what aspect of ourselves is wishing to grow and blossom at the current season of our lives. With sacred ceremony and a meditative vision quest using yoga nidra, we access our wildest, realest, and truest vision for our lives.
Saturday, April 13, 2019, 1-3pm @ The Spectrum Center for Natural Medicine, 8555 16th St., #402, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- If, for any reason, Shira elects to cancel the workshop, you will receive a full refund. This situation is highly unlikely, but emergencies do happen.
- If you elect to withdraw from the workshop more than a firm 48 hours prior to the workshop, you will receive a full refund.
- If you elect to withdraw from the workshop less than a firm 48 hours prior to the workshop, the following policy will apply:
- If your space in the workshop is filled by another participant, you will receive a full refund, minus a $5 administrative fee. The refund will be made after the workshop if your space in it is filled. If your space is not filled, you will be notified by email that no refund will be given.
- If there are exigent circumstances (i.e. sudden severe illness, death in the immediate family, etc.) you may apply for a refund by informing Shira of the circumstances. This information will be reviewed and a decision made on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified by email of the decision. If approved, you will receive a full refund minus a $5 administrative fee.
- If you are a “no-show” for a session or a whole series (meaning, you registered and paid but didn't show up and did not notify Shira), you will not receive a refund.