A Yoga Nidra Study Group
NEW 8-week Live Video course starts October 15, 2019!
Touch into the equanimity that you are and find a lasting peace with which to meet difficult emotions and thoughts.
Walk the contemplative path traced by ancient yogis and learn to recognize both the pitfalls and safeguards that arise in meditation and in life.
They have studied the landscape of our inner world and have carefully noted the signposts and signals for everything that we can expect to find along the way.
With this map in our hands, we have a most-knowledgeable guide at our disposal, taking us through every stage of our meditation practice every single time.
The map--an actual paper (or pdf)--is a friendly reference as we travel both the often-explored as well as the never-before-visited territories of our own Being.
Studying the outline to the path of self-recognition prepares us for the universal traps of the mind and directs us towards truly knowing our always-available, peaceful, and loving Presence.
A deep and intimate friendship with our own Presence means we are never alone, no matter where we are or what we're facing. It is a personal and constant fountain of strength, resilience, and unlimited joy. So, let's set out on a journey into Being, together!
If you want to meditate but don't know where or how to begin OR you've tried to meditate, alone or with a group, and felt unsuccessful, lost, or confused...
If you are a fan of Yoga Nidra eagerly wanting to deepen your practice...
If you've been attending yoga classes and are growing curious of its more "spiritual" side...
If you're a yoga teacher wanting to dive deeper into meditation and share more of it with your students...
If you're challenged by the ups and downs of life and are looking to know, experience, and regularly feel the steady center of calm that is in you...
Then the Meditation Map Course is for YOU!
- Meditation trains attention, shifting from obvious sensations to subtler ones, eventually resting in Presence
- Sensations, feelings, and emotions are not good or bad but rather resources of information, or messengers
- With trained attention, thoughts are more easily perceived and neutralized
- Becoming aware of the noticing of thoughts takes us out of their endless cycle
- "Not __________ enough" is a thought covering for the Wholeness that we are, always
- The feeling of being separate and alone is universal and therefore a signal to the interconnectedness of all life
- What we are made of is consciousness, which permeates all things
- As meditation evolves, we are less drawn by sensations, emotions, and thoughts and more called to Presence
- The Presence, or consciousness, that we are is a spaciousness--an animated and lively emptiness
- Knowing our Presence intimately allows us to interact with all of life from a place of equanimity and peace
Study Group sessions are on Tuesdays at 7pm EST.
This course features LIVE teachings and meditations with Shira. Each session is 90 minutes long and includes a check-in, brief meditation, teachings on a specific module, Q&A, and a full iRest® Yoga Nidra practice. These online sessions are accessible via Zoom, where you can see and hear Shira as well as interact--either via your own camera and microphone or through the chat box. All sessions are also recorded and made available to participants via the course homepage.
With every uploaded session, you also have the opportunity to comment, ask questions, or give feedback that's shared privately with the rest of the Study Group members (on the course homepage). That means that whether you are unable to attend the sessions live or miss an occasional session, you still have access to the same features as those who are participating live. Shira responds to these comments and may add further insights throughout the week. This is only one of the ways in which we share the journey through the Map of Meditation. Scroll down to register!
Bonus!!! FREE MEDITATION MAP ORIENTATION (October 1, 2019)
Module 1: Physical & Energy Body (October 15, 2019)
Module 2: Feelings & Emotions (October 22, 2019)
Module 3: Thoughts and Beliefs about Ourselves and the World (October 29, 2019)
Module 4: Object/Subject (November 5, 2019)
Module 5: The Six Revelations (November 12, 2019)
Module 6: Consciousness Pervading and Interpenetrating (November 19, 2019)
Module 7: Emptiness Everywhere (November 26, 2019)
Module 8: Pure Being Beyond Thought (December 3, 2019)
What Participants in Shira's yoga nidra sessions are saying...
I enjoy the comfort, rest, and depth of Yoga Nidra. I feel open and supported in the sessions knowing I can show up as myself and meet Shira at that spot without expectation or judgement.
-- Jen A., Washington, DC
This is an exceptional experience... A great stress reduction too!
-- M.T., Washington, DC
Shira's voice has a relaxing effect on me after participating in several of her Yoga Nidra sessions, I really enjoy this practice and have only positive things to say. I look forward to doing more in the future.
-- Anonymous, Silver Spring, MD
Here's what you'll get...
8 recorded Study Group sessions for when you miss a live session or wish to view again
8 brief meditations for daily practice in-between live sessions
8 full iRest® Yoga Nidra meditations
1 Meditation Map pdf for download or viewing on course homepage
Interactive and contemplative exercises plus Q&A segments in each session
Bonus! 60-minute Meditation Map orientation session
Questions? Don't hesitate to contact Shira!
Meditation Map: Yoga Nidra Study Group
Studying the map of meditation prepares us for the universal traps of the mind and directs us towards truly knowing our always-available, peaceful, and loving Presence. This course features LIVE teachings and meditations with Shira on Tuesdays, 7pm, Oct 15 - Dec 3, 2019. All sessions are also recorded and made available to participants via the course homepage. More info @ shiraozsinai.com/Meditation-Map.
Payment in 2 or 3 installments is available. Please contact Shira for details.
About shira oz-sinai
Trained and certified in iRest® Yoga Nidra Meditation as well as both Clinical and Process Soul Lightening Acupressure®, Shira Oz-Sinai offers a safe space and mindful tools for healing your wounds and renewing your sense of well-being.
Learn more about Shira HERE.
- If, for any reason, Shira elects to cancel a single session or the whole course prior to its commencement, you will receive a full refund of a session's prorated fee or the whole course, respectively. This situation is highly unlikely, but emergencies do happen.
- If you elect to withdraw from the course more than a firm 15 days prior to the first session in the course, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 administrative fee.
- If you elect to withdraw from the course less than a firm 15 days prior to the first session, the following policy will apply:
- If there are exigent circumstances (i.e. sudden severe illness, death in the immediate family, etc.) you may apply for a refund by informing Shira of the circumstances. This information will be reviewed and a decision made on a case-by-case basis. You will be notified by email of the decision. If approved, you will receive a full refund minus a $40 administrative fee.